<body> Between The Lines
Home

Loading
...Me! Me!! ME!!!

I'm Prodhi...you can call me Prod.
I'm a YA reader/reviewer/ other than that, I'm a nutcase gone awry. Yes, I'm insane so to speak:) I'd say I'm a girl next door, but I'm much better off without a Pinocchio nose, thank you very much. I'm a pretty fun chica, I guess. I also realize that this About Me section doesn't do the three dimensions of my character justice. Or four. Or five. Or six. Oh shooh!

...Contact moi, Lovelies.

Bloggers and readers, if you have anything to say to me, here: prodhi@live.com. YA authors who would like me to review their books, I'll be more than honoured. Contact me at the same address.

...Book I'm reading now

Not Like You by Deborah Davis


...Blogposts Past


  • Jun 30, 2009
  • Jul 12, 2009
  • Jul 14, 2009
  • Jul 16, 2009
  • Jul 20, 2009
  • Jul 22, 2009
  • Jul 23, 2009
  • Jul 27, 2009
  • Jul 28, 2009
  • Aug 1, 2009
  • Aug 5, 2009
  • Aug 7, 2009
  • Aug 8, 2009
  • Aug 13, 2009
  • Aug 17, 2009
  • Aug 18, 2009
  • Aug 19, 2009
  • Aug 23, 2009
  • Aug 24, 2009
  • Aug 25, 2009
  • Aug 26, 2009
  • Aug 29, 2009
  • Aug 30, 2009
  • Aug 31, 2009
  • Sep 1, 2009
  • Sep 2, 2009
  • Sep 3, 2009
  • Sep 4, 2009
  • Sep 6, 2009
  • Sep 7, 2009
  • Sep 8, 2009
  • Sep 9, 2009
  • Sep 10, 2009
  • Sep 11, 2009
  • Sep 14, 2009
  • Sep 15, 2009
  • Sep 16, 2009
  • Sep 26, 2009
  • Dec 10, 2009
  • Dec 19, 2009
  • Dec 20, 2009
  • Dec 21, 2009
  • Jan 15, 2010
  • Feb 4, 2010
  • Apr 16, 2010
  • May 8, 2010
  • May 12, 2010

  • ...Blogroll



     

    ...Followers

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
    ...WordBox
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009
    Tête-à-Tête with YA author Beth Fantaskey
    Aaaaand I'm back with another author interview! Today I have here for interrogation: Beth Fantaskey, author of Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side and the upcoming Jekel Loves Hyde. Read, and enjoy!

    Let’s start with the basics. Tell us something about your upcoming book, Jekel Loves Hyde.


    It's about two young people who learn that they share a mysterious, and possibly deadly, connection to the old Robert Louis Stevenson novel, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. As they work to unravel the mystery, they fall in love - and become more dangerous to one another. It's a romance with lots of twists and turns and cliffhangers.


    How did you come up with the plot?


    I honestly have no idea! Isn't that bizarre? I've tried to look back and recall exactly where it came from, but it's like a mystery, itself!


    What’re your favourite book/s?


    As you can probably tell if you've read my first book, Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side - and just by looking at the title of my second book - I am a big fan of classic literature. Melville and Bronte, whom I referenced in Jessica's Guide, are two favorite authors, along with Dickens, Austen and Dumas. Anything by those writers, from the Pickwick Papers to The Three Musketeers, will rank among my favorites.


    Tell us something about yourself. Anything from your favourite colour to the wackiest quirks works.
    My favorite color is peach - in between pink and orange, and I have trouble working without the radio on.


    What would your autobiography be titled if you wrote one? "Confessions of a Happy Neurotic!"


    What do you do when you’re not writing? As in, hobbies?


    I like to relax by going to the gym (where I also have lots of friends to hang out with when not actually exercising... It's very social!) This summer, a bunch of us trained for a triathlon, which we just finished on Saturday. Whew. I also like to hang out at the pool with my kids, watch terrible reality TV, and listen to music.

    Rapid Fire round! Which fictional character do you find yourself most similar to?
    Probably Fannie Price... I am super shy!


    Any sekrit talents (By sekrit, I mean super-sekrit. Like rolling your tongue or burping for an hour straight or something like that.)?

    I am an awesome parallel park-er. I can get my car into the tiniest spots!


    What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done? I took a bath in chocolate for a newspaper story I wrote. The paper sent me to a spa in Hershey, Pennsylvania, where they literally dip you in chocolate milk. Actually not as fun as it might sound...


    You’re locked in an elevator. Who would you want in there with you to keep you company and why?


    My husband, definitely. After almost fifteen years of marriage, we still have stuff to say!


    Try fitting Bart Simpson into the plotline of Jekel Loves Hyde--he has to play a vital role. How would you squeeze him in?


    He'd fit right into my novel, wreaking havoc in the chem lab. Maybe he'd mess with the lab supplies and blow something up!


    If you could, which YA author would you like to collaborate with for a joint project?


    I only know three other authors personally - Cassandra Clare, Elizabeth Scott, and Lisa McMann - and I would work with any of them in a heartbeat. They're not just amazingly talented - they're super cool people.


    Three words to describe yourself and three words to describe your book. Quiet, funny, happy... Intense, funny, passionate

    Labels: , , , ,



    WordVore Prod
    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment