<body> Between The Lines
Home

Loading
...Me! Me!! ME!!!

I'm Prodhi...you can call me Prod.
I'm a YA reader/reviewer/ other than that, I'm a nutcase gone awry. Yes, I'm insane so to speak:) I'd say I'm a girl next door, but I'm much better off without a Pinocchio nose, thank you very much. I'm a pretty fun chica, I guess. I also realize that this About Me section doesn't do the three dimensions of my character justice. Or four. Or five. Or six. Oh shooh!

...Contact moi, Lovelies.

Bloggers and readers, if you have anything to say to me, here: prodhi@live.com. YA authors who would like me to review their books, I'll be more than honoured. Contact me at the same address.

...Book I'm reading now

Not Like You by Deborah Davis


...Blogposts Past


  • Jun 30, 2009
  • Jul 12, 2009
  • Jul 14, 2009
  • Jul 16, 2009
  • Jul 20, 2009
  • Jul 22, 2009
  • Jul 23, 2009
  • Jul 27, 2009
  • Jul 28, 2009
  • Aug 1, 2009
  • Aug 5, 2009
  • Aug 7, 2009
  • Aug 8, 2009
  • Aug 13, 2009
  • Aug 17, 2009
  • Aug 18, 2009
  • Aug 19, 2009
  • Aug 23, 2009
  • Aug 24, 2009
  • Aug 25, 2009
  • Aug 26, 2009
  • Aug 29, 2009
  • Aug 30, 2009
  • Aug 31, 2009
  • Sep 1, 2009
  • Sep 2, 2009
  • Sep 3, 2009
  • Sep 4, 2009
  • Sep 6, 2009
  • Sep 7, 2009
  • Sep 8, 2009
  • Sep 9, 2009
  • Sep 10, 2009
  • Sep 11, 2009
  • Sep 14, 2009
  • Sep 15, 2009
  • Sep 16, 2009
  • Sep 26, 2009
  • Dec 10, 2009
  • Dec 19, 2009
  • Dec 20, 2009
  • Dec 21, 2009
  • Jan 15, 2010
  • Feb 4, 2010
  • Apr 16, 2010
  • May 8, 2010
  • May 12, 2010

  • ...Blogroll



     

    ...Followers

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
    ...WordBox
    Sunday, August 30, 2009
    Blogger Spotlight: Stephanie Su of Steph Su Reads--"My double life as a book blogger and a regular girl."
    Today, we have a beautiful guest post from Stephanie Su of Steph Su Reads. Click here to check out her amazing blog--trust me, I've been a follower for a while now and it's great.

    Here's Stephanie Su taking over:

    The phrase “double life” always makes me think of being a spy, which I would be absolutely horrible at. I’m intelligent, but not clever; in shape, but not a risk-taker. I love reading books about girls kicking butt via innovative solutions in tough scenarios, but if I were ever in a story like that, I’d be the quiet but intense innocent bystander who gets blown up by an enemy’s stray bullet. A civilian casualty.

    That being said, while I don’t think I’m “spy-like” in my double life as a young adult and a book blogger, I do feel like two completely different people. You know that Myers-Briggs personality test that, like, all career guidance office make you take, the one that assesses you on four different poles, one of which is introversion-extraversion? Yeah, I’m as introverted as you can get without going off the scale and into improbability. I’m a total loner. A sheet of tiredness instantly floats over me whenever I encounter a large group of happily chattering people, even if it’s people whom I know and like. Even among my closest friends, I don’t talk much. There is nothing happier for me, nothing more invigorating, than being immersed in an amazing book or on a roll with my writing.

    These admissions may come as a surprise to people who read my blog, as well as people whose blogs I comment on. According to some blogger friends, I am an extremely friendly and funny person, always happy. Whenever I hear these sorts of things said about me, I usually start to choke dangerously on whatever I have in my mouth at that moment—because I was, up until age 18, quite possibly one of the most dissatisfied teenagers I have ever known.

    So the duality of my life comes from my ability to be more myself in written words than I can ever be in speaking, in person. I love the time for thinking and preparation that we are allowed before making a blog post, or leaving a comment on someone’s blog, or even replying to someone’s Tweet on Twitter. I would never say that my conversations with some friends via email are less fulfilling than in-person encounters, even if the former can take several hours or days to come up with a reply.

    I think that some people think in dialogue, which makes them always ready with a reply when you’re talking face-to-face with them. Others think in terms of scenes, like from a movie—they consider camera angle, lighting, the actual movement of the conversationalists involved. I, on the other hand, think in words—actual, written words. Often when I’m talking to someone I’ll hear a word that was said, and then I’ll type the word out on an invisible keyboard with my jittery fingers, or write it in cursive, my thumb tracing the word out on the side of my pointer finger—over and over again, all the while keeping up the conversation with the other person. A little embarrassing to admit the extent of my written-wordiness!

    I think in written words, which is why I’m so much more myself in writing than I ever am in person. So you bloggers are actually getting more of me than many other people in my life—and that’s the best part of me having a “double life.”



    That was lovely, don't you agree? A blogger with such communication skills through her writing must be a fantastic blogger too! So go ahead and explore Steph Su Reads!

    Labels: , , ,



    WordVore Prod
    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment