<body> Between The Lines
Home

Loading
...Me! Me!! ME!!!

I'm Prodhi...you can call me Prod.
I'm a YA reader/reviewer/ other than that, I'm a nutcase gone awry. Yes, I'm insane so to speak:) I'd say I'm a girl next door, but I'm much better off without a Pinocchio nose, thank you very much. I'm a pretty fun chica, I guess. I also realize that this About Me section doesn't do the three dimensions of my character justice. Or four. Or five. Or six. Oh shooh!

...Contact moi, Lovelies.

Bloggers and readers, if you have anything to say to me, here: prodhi@live.com. YA authors who would like me to review their books, I'll be more than honoured. Contact me at the same address.

...Book I'm reading now

Not Like You by Deborah Davis


...Blogposts Past


  • Jun 30, 2009
  • Jul 12, 2009
  • Jul 14, 2009
  • Jul 16, 2009
  • Jul 20, 2009
  • Jul 22, 2009
  • Jul 23, 2009
  • Jul 27, 2009
  • Jul 28, 2009
  • Aug 1, 2009
  • Aug 5, 2009
  • Aug 7, 2009
  • Aug 8, 2009
  • Aug 13, 2009
  • Aug 17, 2009
  • Aug 18, 2009
  • Aug 19, 2009
  • Aug 23, 2009
  • Aug 24, 2009
  • Aug 25, 2009
  • Aug 26, 2009
  • Aug 29, 2009
  • Aug 30, 2009
  • Aug 31, 2009
  • Sep 1, 2009
  • Sep 2, 2009
  • Sep 3, 2009
  • Sep 4, 2009
  • Sep 6, 2009
  • Sep 7, 2009
  • Sep 8, 2009
  • Sep 9, 2009
  • Sep 10, 2009
  • Sep 11, 2009
  • Sep 14, 2009
  • Sep 15, 2009
  • Sep 16, 2009
  • Sep 26, 2009
  • Dec 10, 2009
  • Dec 19, 2009
  • Dec 20, 2009
  • Dec 21, 2009
  • Jan 15, 2010
  • Feb 4, 2010
  • Apr 16, 2010
  • May 8, 2010
  • May 12, 2010

  • ...Blogroll



     

    ...Followers

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
    ...WordBox
    Monday, July 27, 2009
    Tête-à-tête with YA author Courtney Sheinmel
    Courtney Sheinmel is the author of My So-Called Family and the highly-anticipated YA novel Positively which sounds extremely captivating and promising. I seriously and sincerely want to read that book badly. Read the book description here and you will know what I'm talking about. If you're as beguiled as I am, just click here and pre-order!
    Without further adieu, here's the question-answer session that 21st centurians call interview.

    Let’s start with the basics. Tell us something about your latest book.
    How did you come up with the plot? Was it inspired by your own experiences?


    POSITIVELY is about a thirteen year old girl named Emerson (“Emmy” for short) who is HIV-positive, infected with the virus that causes AIDS. After Emmy’s mother dies of AIDS, she has to move in with her father and stepmother, and she struggles to find a place for herself in a world without her mother.

    The book was inspired by work I’ve done with a wonderful organization called The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (www.pedaids.org). I’ve been involved with the Foundation since I was in eighth grade, and over the years I’ve spent a lot of time imagining what it would have been like to grow up facing such life and death issues. I think POSITIVELY is the result of that.

    What’re your favourite book/s?

    This is such a difficult question for me to answer. Although this is not an exhaustive list, my favorites include:
    TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee; AUTUMN STREET by Lois Lowry; THE SHADOW MAN by Mary Gordon; and THE HISTORY OF LOVE by Nicole Krauss.

    Tell us something about yourself. Anything from your favourite colour to the wackiest quirks works.

    I don’t have a favorite color, though when I was little, I did – it was yellow. Usually I eat meals that include cheese. I like movies that make me cry. I watch the Today Show every weekday. I am an older sister. Two of my favorite parts of writing a book are making up names for people and writing the dedication/acknowledgments section.

    What would your autobiography be titled if you wrote one?

    I have a title in mind for a memoir (slightly different than an autobiography, I know), but I’m not ready to share it yet. I need to start writing it first.

    Rapid Fire round!

    Why are hot dogs named hot…dogs?


    That’s one of life’s great mysteries.

    You’re locked in an elevator. Who would you want in there with you to keep you company and why?

    Someone who could fix it. And if I could have another person in there with me, I would want my friend Amy – she is very practical and she always calms me down.

    A giant bull (we’re talking Hulk-size) just came into the city singing his horns off. What would the main character in your book do?

    The main character in my book is a lot like me; I have a feeling she would run for cover.

    Three words to describe yourself and three more to describe your book.

    Me: Tiny, friendly, loyal
    My Book: Sad, hopeful, touching (I hope!)

    I'm sure it is, Courtney! Now, bloggers, wasn't that an amazing interview? Throw in your opinions or further questions in the comments box.

    Labels: , ,



    WordVore Prod
    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment